Monday, April 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #6

Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book  

  1. First, I am always almost guaranteed to pick a book up if it has a blurb from one of my favorites authors on the cover.
  2. The word "Queen", "Princess", or "Kingdom" in the title.
  3. I will definitely pick it up if it mentions a kick-ass heroine.
  4. Dystopian and High Fantasy.
  5. Contemporaries with the word "you" in it

  1. Aliens!
  2. "Stunning" on blurb or a review. Also, "Heart shattering", "Highly imaginative", "Un-put-downable", "Leaves you begging for more!"
  3. Assasins/knights/soldiers
  4. Werewolves and vampires!
  5. "That book made me look at things differently."


What are your top ten words/topics???

And don't forget to check out my first giveaway!

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on kickass heroines. I love reading about strong, awesome ladies who get it DONE and don't let anything kick them down! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kickass heroines are the best! Also loving the aliens. I like books that make me look at things differently too! Awesome list <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Contemporaries with the word 'you' in it." -- Interesting. I never thought about it, but I'm drawn to these, too. I think it's because the titles reach out to us, saying this book is about YOU, so YOU should probably read it. Works every time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely kick-ass heroines. I have that one, too. Also assassins and books that are described as stunning or un-put-downable. Great list!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!! assassins were also on mine. I completely forgot about high fantasy. I love fantasy books!
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaah cover always have me hooked as well but i have been decided a few time thinging a books was good just because of its cover
    great list check out mine
    new follower (follow back)
    http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kick-Ass heroines is a top one, also people who have died (so fun reading different versions of afterlife), angels, hybrids, girls who broke up with their boyfriends, or... I feel like I'm prattling on and on. Well if you are reading tbis, I did not force you and you can read it of your own free will. Oh and blurbs that say "witty writing", "funny", or "kept me up till 3 in the morning reading" are my indicators of I-must-read-or-I-will-die books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great list! I should have added hybrids to mine... :)

      Delete