Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #6

This Week I am Waiting On... 

Gated by Amy Christine Parker

Do the gates keep the unchosen out or the chosen in?

In Mandrodage Meadows, life seems perfect. The members of this isolated suburban community have thrived under Pioneer, the charismatic leader who saved them from their sad, damaged lives. Lyla Hamilton and her parents are original members of the flock. They moved here following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, looking to escape the evil in the world. Now seventeen, Lyla knows certain facts are not to be questioned:

Pioneer is her leader.

Will is her Intended.

The end of the world is near.

Like Noah before him, Pioneer has been told of the imminent destruction of humanity. He says his chosen must arm themselves to fight off the unchosen people, who will surely seek refuge in the compound's underground fortress--the Silo.


Lyla loves her family and friends, but given the choice, she prefers painting to target practice. And lately she'd rather think about a certain boy outside the compound than plan for married life in the Silo with Will. But with the end of days drawing near, she will have to pick up a gun, take a side, and let everyone know where she stands

Doesn't this sound so interesting? I need it now...
What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting! This one's new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a book that I read years and years ago but I can't remember the title and it's killing me. But, it was pretty much the same thing with a strict cult-like group having arranged marriages. I totally did not know about this book but I am SUPER interested now. Plus, it helps that the cover is really pretty :)

    My WoW :3
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I researched and googled the book and it'c called The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams and it was released awhile ago.

    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5303373-the-chosen-one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds kinda interesting, just not my type of read... Thanks for sharing though :P
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and me both on this one Emily! I feel like I've had my eye on this one forever. I forget when it releases, but it would be awesome if it where soon! I lack patience when it comes to books I really want to read:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice, this one has been on my wishlist for a while as it sounds like something I would love!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo Adding to my TBR! Sounds sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete