Thursday, April 4, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Q:  Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate — ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

Hmm, well normally if I think I will hate a book I just don't read it. No need to waste my time, right? However, I have read and liked Twilight, which I knew was a gamble. Also, well, here is the big one, I didn't think I would like Demon's Lexicon at all. But I loved it! Seriously, I think everyone should give it a try. I read it last year and reread it so many times.

Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again.

Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is desperate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long.

Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.

This is the Demon's Lexicon. Turn the page.


What are your experiences?

P.S I just added Bloglovin to my blog, if you are interested! Follow me by using the widget in the sidebar!

15 comments:

  1. Great answer!

    Old follower but I started to follower you via Bloglovin'

    http://spicedlatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similiar here regarding Twilight. I wasn't aware of all the controversity regarding that series -mainly related to the fact that back when I read the books there wasn't that much of it- but for me it's kind of always a gamble, because I'm unpredictable when it comes to books. XD

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demon's Lexicon was one that looked interesting to me as well. I haven't read it but still remain slightly intrigued!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about Twilight. When I actually discovered what it was... It was already popular. I don't know how that happened and I didn't know about it. I was a late comer to that series... I think Eclipse had just come out when I first got into the series (the books).

    New GFC follower.

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. New GFC & Linky Follower!
    My FF: http://bookaddictbieke.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Twilight is going to be a big one today. I used to love it but then the older I got the less I could deal with it lol.
    New GFC follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to read the Demon's Lexicon, but my library doesn't have it and nether does the book store :(.
    old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-56-26-feature-friday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I don't start a book if I think I will hate it. I try to keep an open mind, and read things that might be out of my comfort zone, but if I really think it isn't for me, why would I read it?

    I've been meaning to read The Demon's Lexicon, but haven't gotten to it yet. I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hadn't heard of this one b4
    GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read THE DEMON'S LEXICON, but I did recently read UNSPOKEN by Sarah Rees Brennan and loved it. I'm not sure if the style of the two books is similar, but I would definitely read more by her!

    New follower!
    http://erinlfunk.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read The Demon's Lexicon, but the name is certainly catchy! :)

    I liked the first Twilight book just fine, didn't love it, but liked it... but man, the last one, not a fan at all.

    Old follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-follow-and-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not read this, but it certainly looks interesting :)
    I'm an old GFC follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete