Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #10



These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help. 

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

The first in a sweeping science fiction trilogy, These Broken Stars is a timeless love story about hope and survival in the face of unthinkable odds.
Am I the only one stunned speechless by that amazing description and cover? These Broken Stars sounds like it could be my next new favorite series!

So, what are you waiting on?

And make sure to check out my 150 follower giveaway, it ends in 16 days!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh gorgeous cover! Sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am so excited for this one too, such an amazing cover.

    http://www.readerswonderland.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing and the cover is stunning :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this so much! And even more because one of the main characters has my name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick, this is one I really want to read and I love the that cover!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with this cover and have been since it was revealed. The girls billowing dress is beautiful. I bet the cover looks amazing in person

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cover alone sucked me into this one! thanks for posting it!

    Here is mine:

    My WoW
    Paradise of Pages

    Amber

    ReplyDelete