Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #8


The Falconer by Elizabeth May

Heiress. Debutant. Murderer. A new generation of heroines has arrived.

Edinburgh, Scotland, 1844

18-year-old Lady Aileana Kameron, the only daughter of the Marquess of Douglas, was destined to a life carefully planned around Edinburgh’s social events – right up until a faery kills her mother.

Now it’s the 1844 winter season. Between a seeming endless number of parties, Aileana slaughters faeries in secret. Armed with modified percussion pistols and explosives, every night she sheds her aristocratic facade and goes hunting. She’s determined to track down the faery who murdered her mother, and to destroy any who prey on humans in the city’s many dark alleyways.

But she never even considered that she might become attracted to one. To the magnetic Kiaran MacKay, the faery who trained her to kill his own kind. Nor is she at all prepared for the revelation he’s going to bring. Because Midwinter is approaching, and with it an eclipse that has the ability to unlock a Fae prison and begin the Wild Hunt.

A battle looms, and Aileana is going to have to decide how much she’s willing to lose – and just how far she’ll go to avenge her mother’s murder.

Okay, so I admit I am super excited for this book! It is the exact genre I like, plus I just finished reading a glowing review from Jana Oliver on Goodreads. I hope it will be good. What do you think??? (In truth, I love the first little epic blurb in the synopsis.)

 Plus, check out my 99 followers giveaway if you have the chance!

Did you post a WOW or just have a particular book you are waiting on? Link me up or tell me!

13 comments:

  1. This sounds exactly like my cup of tea, I love YA historical books even more if they have a supernatural twist. Not to mention how gorgeous the cover is!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW and I'm (of course) following you back.

    Sandra @ When Books Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh that looks exciting! Like the cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting and exciting, but I'm not really into historical books. I''ll probably check it out, and regret it because the genre is truly not for me.

    Hey, I'm only like two months new on here and one of your entries in your Newbie Blogger Diaries really helped me. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really waiting on this one as well. It sounds good. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first that I've heard of this book! It sounds pretty good though. The 1800s are always interesting. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, this one seems interesting. Nice pick!

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-46-beautiful-dark.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool WOW! Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower!
    http://www.shesinlovewithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great WOW just as promised I came and checked out your blog and also I'm a new follower cant wait to here all about your review on The Falconer by Elizabeth May. P.s that book cover is faboo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds really good! I'm defenitely going to read this one, thanks for sharing it! New follower...

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of this one. The summary sounds good too. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! The cover is gorgeous, the blurb is fantastic, and I want to read this books so much! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    New follower. My WoW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I haven't heard of this one before. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've picked this book a while ago, so yeah, I can't wait! Sounds AWESOME and I love the cover.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete