Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #20

This Week I am Waiting On...

Burn Out by Kristi Helvig

Publication Date: April 8th, 2014
Genre: Science Fiction
Amazon/Barnes and Noble

A futuristic blend of Beth Revis's Across the Universe and Lenore Appelhans's Level 2, Burn Out will satisfy the growing desire for science fiction with a thrilling story of survival, intrigue, and adventure. 

Most people want to save the world; seventeen-year-old Tora Reynolds just wants to get the hell off of it. One of the last survivors in Earth's final years, Tora yearns to escape the wasteland her planet has become after the sun turns "red giant," but discovers her fellow survivors are even more deadly than the hostile environment.

Holed up in an underground shelter, Tora is alone--her brilliant scientist father murdered, her mother and sister burned to death. She dreams of living on a planet with oceans, plants, and animals. Unfortunately, the oceans dried out ages ago, the only plants are giant cacti with deadly spines, and her pet, Trigger, is a gun--one of the bio-energetic weapons her father created for the government before his conscience kicked in. 

When family friend, Markus, arrives with mercenaries to take the weapons by force, Tora's fury turns to fear when government ships descend in an attempt to kill them all. She forges an unlikely alliance with Markus and his rag-tag group of raiders, including a smart but quiet soldier named James. 

She is shocked when James accidentally fires one of her father's bio-weapons--weapons designed to work only for her. She'd felt a strange pull to James from the start, but the odds of someone sharing her energy vibration are statistically miniscule. Tora must quickly figure out who she can trust, as she must choose between saving herself by giving up the guns or honoring her father's request to save humanity from the most lethal weapons in existence.

Two words: Me. Want.

Okay, seriously, doesn't this sound amazing? I love the science fiction and survival aspects!

What are you Waiting On?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about this one before, but it really sounds interesting. I love science fiction and adventures! Thank you for stopping by my Top Ten Tuesday yesterday! I'm a new follower.

    Here’s my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lanaia--it's nice to see a fellow sci-fi lover. Thanks for checking out BURN OUT! :) Kristi

      Delete
  2. Hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds amazing! Can't wait to read it either.

    My WoW @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one either, definitely keeping an eye out for it! Sounds really good.

    Here's mine

    -New GFC Follower
    Kirsty @StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choices! I have been looking forward to this for so long!

    Anyways besides your good taste in Wow books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 4 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirin--thanks for checking out my book! I hope you like BURN OUT. :)

      Delete
  5. Emily Anne--thanks so much for featuring BURN OUT as a WoW book. I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete