Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #22



Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Publication Date: May 13th, 2014
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn’t go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn’t do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just… disappears. 

No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try… unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough. Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait… what?


Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um…

I was in the mood to pick a contemporary today, I am not exactly sure why, perhaps because I have been reading a lot of paranormal? Anyway, Since You've Been Gone looks awesome. I have heard a lot of praise for the author, and the main character and I share a name. What's not to like?

What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this one looks so cute. Kissing a stranger? Definitely intriguing. Thanks for the share.:D

    Mitchii — The Aeropapers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It sounds absolutely adorable!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great book! And lately I'm into contemporary so I'm going to check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

    My Wow @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've started onto a contemporary kick! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Nice! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I still hope you thoroughly enjoy this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, normally this isn't my genre. But, I felt like I needed a dose of contemporary for a W.O.W. I hope I like it too!

      Delete