Thursday, January 5, 2017

Most Anticipated Books of 2017

Happy 2017! A new year brings new books... and boy do I want to read all of them! Here are the gems I am MOST excited for:


1. Strange the Dreamer
Laini Taylor's writing is unparalleled. It's beautiful, emotional, and eccentric in it's own way. After falling in love with Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I am breathlessly awaiting Strange the Dreamer. It's my #1 most anticipated of the year.

2. A Court of Wings and Ruin
A VERY close second to Strange the Dreamer is A Court of Wings and Ruin.  You all know I am a huge Sarah J Maas fan and ACOMAF holds a big place in my heart. I can't wait to see what Feyre gets up to in this third book, especially after ACOMAF's brilliant ending.

3. Always and Forever Lara Jean
A third book? A third book! Jenny Han has absolutely delighted me with the announcement of the unexpected conclusion to Lara Jean's story. These books are some of my absolute favorite contemporaries.


4. The Valiant
The cover, the synopsis, the blurbs, the excellent bloggers shouting praise... yeah, this looks like an Emily book. Female gladiators! Fighting school! Rome! Julius Caesar!

5. By Your Side
My mission to read all of Kasie West's novels continues. They are just so cute plus the premise is that our two main characters get trapped in a library together. I repeat: a library!!! Doesn't that just sounds perfect?

6. Royal Bastards
With a title like Royal Bastards, who can doubt that this book will be awesome? If you are not sold, check out this in-depth synopsis on Goodreads, I am so ready for this YA royal romp. (Also can't wait to see the final cover!)


7. The Upside of Unrequited
I will read anything the author of Simon Vs. The Homosapien's Agenda writes. And this sounds amazing and cute... I'm so, so excited.

8. The Hate U Give
This looks like such an important read- it's inspired by the Black Lives Matter Movement! I love the author's voice on twitter and I have heard so much praise for this book. I have a feeling this will be a major release this year.

9. Traitor to the Throne
We all know I loved Rebel of the Sands... so this should come as no surprise. I am so ready for this sequel and I want more Amani and Jin! (Also, yes I'm using the cover image I want to be on the US version *cries*)


10. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue 
LGBTQ read with two gentlemen embarking on a Grand Tour of Europe and having adventures? Yes please! Plus I hear there are a lot of pages.... I love big books.

11. Caraval
Okay, I already read this! But I loved it and can't wait to buy a final copy for my bookshelves. Read my review here. It's so magical and brilliant, trust me.

12. Hunted 
This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling from an author that I trust with a gorgeous cover... there's no way I'm not adding this to my bookshelf when it releases!

Coverless/No title:
ToG #6
*Sobs* After Eos I NEED this, but also I'm scared and don't want it to end!

Untitled- The Diabolic #2 
Yay! I knew The Diabolic wouldn't stay a standalone!!!

It was so hard keeping this list (semi) short!!! Which books are you impatient for this year? :) 
 Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment