Ebook or Print?
As a newbie(ish) blogger I have learned that a lot of review copies or requests I receive are for ebooks. And it makes sense. The author/publisher doesn't have to pay for shipping, plus it is an instant download. Also, I read print ARCs cost 15 dollars to print a piece! So here are some pros and cons for ebooks:
- As afore mentioned, they download instantly!
- You can highlight, add notes, and other stuff (How cool are those things?!?!)
- Often you can read with your e-reader in just one hand instead of wasting your energy turning those pages!
- You can adjust font, size, and color.
- Your eyes don't get tired as quick.
- It is easier to flip through the book. This can also eliminate confusion about the story if you can go back and check your facts.
- You can touch the cover image sand they are never in weird format.
- You can keep them as trophies on your shelf. (I love me some pretty books to hoard!)
So, what do you think? I am more fond of print, but I still love ebooks! Any more Pros to add to the list? Remember this is a debate so argue your side!