Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #37


Hosted by Breaking the Spine


Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
Publication Date: May 6th, 2014
Genre: YA
Amazon/Barnes and Noble
The first in a series of four epic tales set in the depths of the ocean, where six mermaids seek to protect and save their hidden world.

Deep in the ocean, in a world not so different from our own, live the merpeople. Their communities are spread throughout the oceans, seas, and freshwaters all over the globe.

When Serafina, a mermaid of the Mediterranean Sea, awakens on the morning of her betrothal, her biggest worry should be winning the love of handsome Prince Mahdi. And yet Sera finds herself haunted by strange dreams that foretell the return of an ancient evil. Her dark premonitions are confirmed when an assassin's arrow poisons Sera's mother. Now, Serafina must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the Mer nations. Led only by her shadowy dreams, Sera searches for five other mermaid heroines who are scattered across the six seas. Together, they will form an unbreakable bond of sisterhood and uncover a conspiracy that threatens their world's very existence.
I love Jennifer Donnelly and mermaids... Score! Also, I love the cover and this is supposed to be turned into a series of four books!

What are you waiting on this week?

 Post Signature

11 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have heard of this book and it sounds wonderful! thank-you for sharing :)

    A nice pick! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I saw a few instagram posts of people who got an ARC of this and it came in a really awesome package! Now I know why. I'm so excited to read this! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Just saw this last week and now it seems to be everywhere!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick. Glimpsed this one on goodreads recently and fell in love with the cover. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking book. I just finished Urchin by SK Munt. It's part of her "Fairytail saga" (but at the same time it isn't lol) - it's a prelude to be exact. I recommend it to you if you like mermaids and romance :)
    Have a great day!
    *cheers*
    LJ Secret Addiction - WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I've never heard of this, it sounds amazing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I actually thought this was an adult book by the cover, but me want. It's just so preeety.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick! This one has caught my eye as well. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    My WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been seeing this one at a lot of blogs today. I enjoy Mermaid books.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete