Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #36

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Publication Date: September 23rd, 2014
Genre: YA Contemporary (???)
Amazon/Barnes and Noble
Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings… Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack. But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.

I love Scott Westerfeld's books, and Afterworlds sounds especially good. I am excited about the publishing aspect... and then the unique "afterworld" aspect. What a strange and wonderful premise!
 Post Signature


8 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing

    Check our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little confused about the book summary. LOL :) But it does sound intriguing. I hope you'll enjoy reading this one.

    Here's My WoW post :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new to me one. Not sure it's my kind of read, but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by Scott Westerfeld yet. I really want to read the Uglies series though.

    Great choice! :-)
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only saw this one yesterday! Have a funny feeling it would make my head hurt though. Maybe, we'll see, sounds great either way! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like contempo, but this one isn't really for me. Thanks for sharing though :)

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Dress Up That Cover

    ReplyDelete