Monday, September 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Hidden Gems


There are so many books that deserve more publicity and love. Here are a few of my beloved books I picked up on a whim. They deserve more readers! 

1. Otherbound by Corrine Duyvis
So I've talked about this one a lot but I couldn't not add it! Otherbound is such a fun, diverse fantasy from 2014 that deserves so much more hype. 

2. Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn
This is my absolute favorite Sharon Shinn book of all time. I am so glad I picked up this older gem on a whim. 

3. Roses and Rot by Kat Howard
Rose and Rot blew my mind. If you're an artist or a performer (or if you like magical realism) read this! 


4. Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens
Murder Most Unladylike is a middle grade book that I absolutely adore and think more YA fans should pick up. I had such a blast reading this clever first book in an amazing kid's mystery series. 

5. Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
This is such an underrated book that surprised me so much. It was incredible! 

6. The Season by Sarah MacLean
I picked this book up many years ago at my local library and it started my love for regency era london! 

7. Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith
A while ago, while I was at Powell's, I picked up a used copy of Crown Duel. I had so much fun reading this treasure!


8. Up to this Pointe by Jennifer Longo
As a ballet dancer, I'm pretty picky about what ballet books I read. But this was so realistic and amazing and unique!

9. On the Edge of Gone by Corrine Duyvis
Yes, I know. This is another book by Duyvis. I just love her books.

10. The Idiot by Elif Batuman 
This is another book I just picked up on a whim. I read it while on my England trip and on the plane rides back. I was so immersed and was laughing and awe-struck the whole time. 


Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment