Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Top 8 Diverse Reads


The world is diverse, and books should be too! 
Here are some my absolute favorites:


Carry On and Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda
I LOVE both of these LGBT novels so much. Carry On is a fantasy with the cutest enemies-to-lovers story ever. I adore Simon and Baz. I just read Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda this year, and I couldn't believe I waited so long. Both of these books made it to my exclusive all-time favorites list which consists of only 40 books. Also just realized both have characters named Simon... 


On The Edge of Gone and Otherbound 
Both of these delightful books are by Corinne Duyvis! She has so much diversity in her books: autism, bisexuality, different races and ethnicity and sexual orientations... I love it! My favorite is Otherbound because I am a fantasy girl. But On The Edge of Gone is also so amazing!


The Wrath and The Dawn and An Ember In The Ashes 
Amazing fantasy books that aren't about white people! Yay! We need more of those. Both of these books are so wonderfully written and I devoured both so quickly. TWATD is lush and magical. I just finished An Ember In The Ashes and I was so enthralled; Tahir has created such a brutal, vivid world with characters you can root for. 

To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Pointe
Here are some super amazing contemporaries! Lara Jean in To All The Boys I've Loved Before is half Korean and one of my favorite contemporary MCs ever! This book is so adorable. Contrastingly, Pointe is a beautiful, powerful, dark book about a black ballerina. Both were wonderful reads.

Give me some diverse YA recommendations in the comments! Also, have you read/want to read any of the books on my list? 
 Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment